Mental Health First Aid (Wales)
Why Mental Health First Aid?
Do you have a First Aider on site? What about a Mental Health First Aider? Your staff are more likely to encounter or experience mental health issues such as stress, anxiety or depression and need the tools and confidence to deal with these situations. Having a Mental Health First Aider on site will help you to spot the early signs of a mental health problem and encourage people to speak to the Mental Health First Aider and seek help. This will help reduce the effects on the individual, the people around them and encourage a speedier recovery in a supportive environment.
Aims of this training:
- To help participants spot the early sign of a mental health problem (such as depression, anxiety disorders, stress etc)
- To raise awareness and understanding of mental health problems in people
- To build confidence to help a person experiencing a problem
- To preserve life where a person may be a risk to themselves or others
- To provide help on a ‘First Aid’ basis
- To reduce the affect of a mental health problem on the individual and the people around then, whilst preventing the problem from escalating
- To encourage early intervention and speedier recoveries
- To provide comfort to a person experiencing mental distress
- To know where to refer the person to get the right help
It is designed to be interactive and participants are encouraged (if they wish) to share views and experiences.
How much does it cost?
£120 per person
For in-house courses please get in touch
Length of course
2 days / 12 hours
It is recommended that these 2 days are run consecutively however they can be spread across a maximum of 4 sessions.
What is included?
We provide a fully qualified, experienced trainer, all the course materials, refreshments and certificates for participants on completion of the course.
To book a course or find out more information call on 01495708796